Pages

Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Game of Telephone

A Note on the law of my version of the Chinese and Japanese poetry in here has produced two or more reading or writing comments on the translation of each poem. I use a good literary translation, but I'd rather not. Oh, I like to have the Roman alphabet, so I can have more rhythm of the original. But I really do not know in China or Japan are, beyond a few words. And the characters are completely opaque to me. In any case, I really appreciate the advice, but I can not read Chinese. If the alphabet, I might make a very simple word or two. Like this, "Nide shi bu hao," I understand this.



These are the computer translation is a previous post. I've got a friend who translated for me something. And I'm running the other posts online translation services - the output through. Usually understood, but occasionally puzzling.


So all the above is a back translation: the Chinese translation of my original post run back through the web translation service.

No comments:

Post a Comment